Updated: Nov 4
Contemplating the idea of tinting your windows but uncertain if winter is the ideal season
for it? This is a question that frequently comes up, and the answer is a resounding yes - window tinting can be effectively done during the winter months.
Advantages of Window Tinting (Throughout the Year)
1. UV Protection: Window tinting serves as a shield against the sun's harmful UV rays rejecting 99% of harmful UV rays. While the peak UV exposure occurs in the summer, it's important to note that UV rays are present year-round, and even during winter, snow can reflect a substantial 85-90% of these rays.
2. Glare Reduction: Tinting significantly reduces glare, enhancing driver visibility. Sun glare can be bothersome in any season, but it becomes particularly challenging when reflecting off snow. Window tinting effectively mitigates this issue, making your driving experience safer and more comfortable.
3. Preservation of Interior: Tinting not only blocks UV rays but also helps in preserving your vehicle's interior. This protection ensures that your interior retains its appearance and doesn't fade, regardless of the time of year.
4. Enhanced Security: Tinted windows act as a deterrent against theft. Potential burglars are less likely to break into your car if they can't easily see its contents. The added privacy and protection are valuable year-round.
5. Glass Strengthening: In case of glass breakage, the tint film holds the shards together, preventing dangerous shattering. This safety feature is beneficial regardless of the season.
6. Improved Insulation: Window tinting offers an extra layer of insulation for your vehicle. It helps keep the interior cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter. On chilly mornings, it can even aid in faster warming of the vehicle, getting you on the road more quickly.
7. Custom Style: Beyond practical benefits, window tinting also adds a touch of flair and custom style to your vehicle. With various films and darkness options available, you can personalize your tint to achieve a unique look that matches your preferences.
Understanding the Tinting Process
The process of window tinting begins with a thorough cleaning of your windows, both inside and out. The tint film is then precisely cut to match the size of your vehicle's windows. Our skilled installers apply the film, ensuring a perfect fit while eliminating bubbles, wrinkles, and imperfections.
After installation, the film requires time to set and cure. To achieve the best results, we recommend refraining from rolling your windows up and down for a few days after the installation, as a precaution.
Addressing Seasonal Concerns
You might be wondering how weather conditions and the time of year can impact the window tinting process. While spring brings rain, summer is known for high humidity, and winter introduces icy and freezing temperatures, rest assured that an installation conducted indoors, away from the elements, will yield excellent results. Here at we bring your vehicle into our climate-controlled garage, allowing it to reach room temperature before applying the film. This approach guarantees a professional window tint installation, regardless of the season or weather conditions.