top of page

What Are The Different Tint Shades?

There are many different shades of tint that can be applied to your car or truck windows. The darkness of the window tint you choose will depend on a few factors, glare reduction desired, your personal preference, and any local laws or regulations you need to adhere to. Here are a few things to consider when choosing the darkness of your window tint:

  1. Glare Reduction: The darker the window film you choose for your vehicle the more glare reduction you should expect to receive.

  2. Personal preference: Consider how much privacy you want, as well as the aesthetic look you're going for. A darker tint will provide more privacy, but may also make it harder to see out of the windows during nighttime driving.

  3. Local laws and regulations: Different states and countries have different laws regarding the maximum allowed tint darkness. Be sure to check the laws in your area before selecting a tint to ensure you are in compliance.

Understanding the various shades of window tint and how they affect visibility can make it easier to choose the right one. To help with this, it is important to know about tint percentages. Here is what you need to know about the different shades of window tint!

What Does The Percentage Of Tint Mean?

The percentage of tint tells you how much light is blocked by the film on your window. If a window has a 50% tint, it means that it blocks 50% of the light trying to pass

through. A higher percentage means a darker tint and less light will pass through. You can pick the darkness of your tint by choosing one with a higher or lower percentage.

What Is 5% Tint?

5% tint is commonly referred to as "limo tint". When a window has a 5% tint, it means that only 5% of the light that hits the window is allowed to pass through, while the other 95% is absorbed by the tint film. 5% tint is used for a high level of privacy, as it makes it difficult to see in a vehicle even in broad daylight. This shade of tint is the darkest tint we offer here at Shade9.

What Is 20 Percent Tint?

20% tint is our most popular tint shade as it provides privacy while still retaining good visibility. 20% tint is also seen as a "factory tint" as this is the darkness that SUVs and truck back windows are tinted from the factory. Therefore, 20% tint is a popular choice for drivers who want a level of tint that won't obstruct their view while still offering some level of privacy and glare reduction.

What Is 35 Percent Tint?

35% tint are good choices for drivers who want a combination of style and functionality in their window tint. These levels of tint add a stylish touch to a vehicle while also providing the driver with good visibility outside the car and protecting them and the passengers from excess sun exposure. These tints offer a balance of aesthetics and practicality, whether you are looking for UV protection, increased privacy, or a touch of sophistication on your windows.

What’s The Darkest Legal Tint In West Virginia?

Obstructing too much light from entering a vehicle can be dangerous, which is why certain laws regulating window tint exist around the United States, including West Virginia.

For small cars or sedans, the WV law states that window tint must be 35% on all sides and back glasses. For SUV's and trucks the front two windows much be 35%, and there is no restriction on the back windows of these vehicles. However, laws can change depending on your region or state, so it’s important to double-check your local regulations before using any sort of tinting product to ensure you’re staying within legal limits. Learn more about legal window tint in West Virginia

What’s The Best Percentage For Tint?

There are many factors to consider when choosing the right tint percentage for your car. For example, you may want a tint that provides sufficient darkness for driving at night, but also offers clarity and UV protection. You may also want a tint that allows you to see shapes and colors clearly. Different tints offer different benefits, so it is important to find one that meets your specific needs and preferences. A professional, like Shade9, can help you select the best tint for your situation after carefully evaluating all of these factors

55 views0 comments


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page